Key Facts About Future Water Planning
KEY FACTS ABOUT FUTURE WATER PLANNING:
- The District does not have its own water source to serve customers, and we have to rely on purchasing our water from another water system.
- While our current contract expires in 2026, the District needs to decide on a course of action by June 2021.
- Water reliability, control of future costs, water quality, and long-term sustainability are some key factors in this evaluation moving forward.
- Both the City of Portland and the Tualatin Valley Water District are undertaking significant capital investments to develop or improve their water infrastructure and systems into the future as major regional water sources.
- All scenarios will result in an increased investment from District customers to maintain high quality, reliable water service.
- The District is committed to providing the best value and benefit regarding water service while managing the costs and impacts to customers.