Summer Concert Activities Summary
West Slope Water District Meets Customers at the August 22 Concert in Raleigh Park.
On August 22, the District participated in the Concert in the Park at Raleigh Park to share information with customers about the current water supply and future options as well as answer questions. It was great to meet with over 20 District customers over the course of the evening! Thank you for stopping by!
KEY FACTS ABOUT FUTURE WATER PLANNING:
- The District does not have its own water source to serve customers, and we have to rely on purchasing our water from another water system.
- While our current contract expires in 2026, the District needs to decide on a course of action by June 2021.
- Water reliability, control of future costs, water quality, and long-term sustainability are key factors in this evaluation moving forward.
- Both the City of Portland and the Tualatin Valley Water District are undertaking significant capital investments to develop or improve their water infrastructure and systems into the future as major regional water sources.
- Both scenarios will result in an increased investment from District customers to maintain high quality, reliable water service.
- The District is committed to providing the best value and benefit regarding water service while managing the costs and impacts to customers.