The West Slope Water District was formed in 1922 as an Oregon municipal corporation and provides domestic water service to residential and commercial customers as well as water for fire protection. An elected five-member Board of Commissioners governs the District.
The District is situated in Washington County, west of Portland, and is bounded by the Multnomah County line on the east and the City of Beaverton on the west. Highway 26 marks the northern border and the Beaverton-Hillsdale Highway is generally the southern border. The District is about three-and-one-half square miles and services a population of approximately 10,300.